Happy Friday everyone!! One more day of stamping and creating! I only managed to create three cards last night. I kept losing my elements on my desk. Every time I would put something down, I could not find it!! I was getting very frustrated so after the third card I had to go to stop! Here are the cards for day 10.
I began with this card last night. I spent about an hour looking for the appropriate sentiment, and this is all I could find. Then I went back to my desk and I couldn’t find the seahorses, so I cut them out again, heat embossed them with UTEE and let them cool off. I didn’t have any cute fish, but I did have the seahorses die cut from Provo Craft. I stamped the foliage to make it look like seaweed using two different stamps in three different colors. I mounted the front and added the rest of the die cuts to make it look nautical.
This was a very different card taught by Kristina Werner. Using printed vellum to create a booklet, I heat embossed the leaves on one page, the flowers on another and the sentiment on top. All the flowers, leaves, and main sentiment were embossed with different colors. The last page is blank to add an inside sentiment.
Using the same leaves and flowers I used for the last card, I embossed them using only three different colors. on dark card stock. How interesting that using different embossing colors make the stamps so different. This technique was very messy, you have to be very careful to brush off the different colors off otherwise there is a lot of splatter. I think for next time I will pause in between the layers until they are completely dry and brush any random powder off before I attempt to heat it. Lesson learned!